Derivatives are financial instruments in which the price is dependent upon or derived from one or more underlying assets. A derivative is a contract between two or more parties. Derivatives are usually classified into 4 categories: Futures, Options, Forwards, and Swaps.
Investors are allowed to trade derivatives through the Thailand Futures Exchange (TFEX) via a Derivatives Broker. TFEX first launched the SET 50 Index Futures on April 28, 2006. Products currently operated by TFEX are as follows:
||First Day of Trading
|SET50 Index Futures
||April 28, 2006
|SET50 Index Options
||October 29, 2007
|Single Stock Futures
||November 24, 2008
|50 Baht Gold Futures
||February 2, 2009
|10 Baht Gold Futures
||August 2, 2010
|5-Year Government Bond Futures
||October 18, 2010
|3M BIBOR Futures
||November 29, 2010
|6M THBFIX Futures
||November 29, 2010
||June 20, 2011
|Brent Crude Oil Futures
||October 17, 2011
||June 5, 2012
|Sector Index Futures
||Oct 29, 2012
Derivatives: Opening an Account
- Obtain an application form by
- Contacting our staff: Our staff will send a form to you via postal service. “Click here.”
- Print out the application form via www.krungsrisecurities.com choosing download
- Complete the application and sign your name at the bottom of each page.
Return the filled in application together with all required documents to KSS.
Required documents include:
For Retail Investors
- A copy of identification card, civil servant ID, passport or alien registration (for foreigners).
- A copy of House Registration or other proof of residence in Thailand or work permit (for foreigners)
- A copy of Tax Identification Card.
- A copy of Identification Card and a copy of House Registration of a proxy (in case of Power of Attorney and Related Persons).
- Proof of financial status:
- A copy of a savings account book and/or a copy of a current account for the last 3 months.
- A copy of promissory notes, NCDs and/or an outstanding securities account.
- Automatic Transfer System (ATS) Application Form and a copy of the 1st page of a bank book (showing the bank account number and name.)
- Money/Stock deposited as collateral prior to trading. (Check Bank branches to deposite money)
For Juristic Persons
- * A copy of an Affidavit issued by the Ministry of Commerce not exceeding 1 month.
- Memorandum of Association and List of Shareholders.
- A copy of Identification Card and a copy of a foreigner’s identification card or copy of Passport of an authorized person of the company.
- Minutes of the Board of Directors’ Meeting approving the opening of a securities trading account specifying the trading amount and conditions.
- Power of attorney appointing an authorized person to act on behalf of the company for securities trading transactions.
- A copy of Identification Card of an authorized person and related person.
- A copy of Corporate Tax Identification Card, a copy of Phor.Por.20 and Phor.Tor.20.
- Automatic Transfer System (ATS) Application Form and a copy of 1st page of bank book (showing the bank account number and name).
- Financial statements for the last two years.
- * In case of a specific business: a copy of the business license.
- In case of a provident fund or pension fund, please attach a certificate of registration of the fund management agreement and Power of Attorney from the fund.
*In case of a juristic person registered outside of Thailand, please attach a certificate of the company registration, a list of authorized directors, and a list of shareholders certified by a Notary Public from a government unit of such country.
- Stamp duty of Baht 30 for a cash or cash balance trading account.
- In case of a proxy: add an additional stamp duty of Baht 30.
- A copy or photocopied documents: sign to certify as a true copy.
- If an application form is downloaded from the Internet, each page must be signed.
|Submit the application and required documents to:
||Krungsri Securities Public Company Limited
Business Development Department
550 Bank of Ayudhya Building, Ploenchit Office
5th Floor, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan
Bangkok, 10330 Thailand
Tel: 0-2659-7000 Fax. 0-2646-1114
*For those who apply via online trading channel
- After submitting your account opening documents, please register online to choose a user name and password in order to log into the trading system. Register online
- A pin code will be assigned after the account has been activated.